Welcome and thank you for visiting The Backpack Chronicles. Christina is passionate about camping, hiking, and advocating for mental health. Spending time in nature has given her a space to heal and grow. This blog serves as a place for her to document adventures and share her journey with mental wellness.
A couple of Christina facts:
- Certified Outdoor Council of Canada Field Leader (Hiking) and Winter module in 2020
- I will be four years sober from alcohol on February 14th, 2020. I consider myself a non-drinker now but still use the word sober and sobriety when talking about mental health.
- I volunteer at Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba in Women’s Programming and have led workshops and conversations about journaling, staying sober in a society that glorifies alcohol consumption, and the benefits of spending time in nature
- I volunteer with Shameless Circle and have organized and led an urban nature walk for women (more planned for the future)
- Active member and leader with Backcounty Women
Follow me on Instagram
Check me out on YouTube
Prairie Girl Outdoors on Facebook